St. John’s Hr.Sec.School is a Catholic Institution managed by the Montfort Brothers of St. Gabriel. It is affiliated to Mizoram Board of School Education. The school was established in the year 1959 by Rev. Fr. Jean Vezina, CSC of the Holy Cross Missionaries. The School was named St. John’s High School in honor of Pope john XXIII who had been elected a few months earlier. “Love one another” (John 15:12 was chosen as its motto. It was affiliated to the Board of Secondary Education, Assam, in 1962. In 1968 the Holy Cross Missionaries handed over the school to the Diocese of Silchar. The Bishop of Silchar Rt. Rev. Denzil D’Souza handed over the school to the Montfort Brothers of St.Gabriel in the year 1975. In 1986 the School was granted Deficit Status. The school was raised to Higher Secondary in 1996 with Science and Arts streams.