Montfort School, Baghty, Nagaland is a Catholic Educational Institution, run by the Society of the Montfort Brothers of St. Gabriel, to impart sound moral, Social and Physical education, so as to turn out, not only good and useful citizens, but men of high principles and visions. The school was started in 1987.
The aim of the institution is to impart a sound education by cultivating in the students; habits of piety, virtue, self-reliance and discipline, while they go through their studies. Hence particular attention is given to discipline and character formation by means of religious and moral instruction.
The School encourages student participation in School activities by means of organizations like House system, clubs etc. Which aim at fostering the genuine interests of the students in the sphere of intellectual and other co-curricular activities for the complete formation of the students.
1. School begins at 8.00 am. Hence all the students should be at the school at least 5 minutes before the first bell.
2.Students are reminded to address their teachers and all the members of the staff with due respect and politeness.
3.Students are expected to behave in a polite manner on their way to and from school.
4.Every student should have school hand book which should be brought to school daily.
5. Every student is expected to keep the high tone of the school by excelling in conduct, good manners and cleanliness both in and out of the school.
6.Every student is expected to do his/her best to keep in and out of the class-rooms and surroundings neat and clean.
7.Students should be punctual and never be late for any activity conducted by the school.
8.Students are responsible for the safe custody of their books and other belongings.
9.The only medium of communication within the school premises is English. This will enable the students to acquire greater proficiency in English.
10. No books, magazines, periodicals or News Papers of an objectionable nature shall be brought into school.
11 .All correspondence addressed to students at school are subject to inspection.
12. Smoking, chewing tobacco products, abuse of drugs, consumption of alcoholic drinks etc are completely forbidden both in and out of the school.
13. Any damage done to the school property should be made good by the student concerned.
14. No collection for any purpose whatever may be made without Principal's sanction and due notice to the parents.
15. The school respects each student's religion and belief. But being Christian Institution worships will not be permitted in the school premises.
16 . No act of indiscipline, insubordination, and disrespect to school authority or teachers shall be tolerated both in and out of the school.
17. No student is permitted to be a member of any unions, associations etc----
18 .If a student fails to reach regularly the minimum mark for a pass in all subjects, any concession that he/she may enjoys may be cancelled.
19. Though every care is taken to ensure the safety and welfare of the students, accidents are possible. The school will not be responsible for accidents of any sort; Small or serious, that could happen to the students during the school hours.
20 In short anything that will affect students all round development will not be permitted in the school.
TO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
1. Parents or Guardians shall seek admission only if they agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the school.
2. Parents or Guardians should go through the hand book and acquaint themselves with the rules and regulations of the school.
3. Parents or Guardians are not allowed to interview teachers during school hours.
4. Parents or Guardians are not allowed to go to the classrooms during the class hours in order to meet their child/ward or teachers.
5. Parents or Guardian should see that their children attend the class regularly and punctually.
6. Parents and Guardians must see that their children study at home, complete their assignment and home works.
7. Parents and Guardians should insist on neatness and cleanliness in their child's/ward's text books, exercise books and personal appearance.
8. Special attention given to ensure a high standard of morality and discipline in the school. Hence parents and guardians are requested to collaborate in this with the Authorities of the school.
9. Parents and Guardians should meet the Principal or the teacher concerned at least once in a term to discuss about the progress and the behavior of their child/ward.